« Home | Never Again, Leave Excuses at the Door. » | Eating on the Go » | Are You Ready for the Summer? » | Better Buns, with just two exercises. » | To Get or Not to Get, The Choice is Yours. » | 6 principles you can't do without! » | Top Fiber Rich Foods to Help Shed Pounds, Gain Health » | Welcome to 4everToned »

Is your trainer working YOU right?

From speaking to many of my friends and just simple networking I've met a lot of people who all have the same problems when it comes to losing body fat fast. When a close member of my family revealed that she was using the services of a personal trainer I was intrigued to find out what other trainers out there are doing.

I must admit I'm a freak in every sense of the word when it comes to learning about other trainers methods and different workout programs. Why? Because I can always learn more. I didn't invent this stuff known to us as training so by no stretch of the imagination am I so high in the clouds that I can't learn something from someone else.

Anyway, the member of my family was interested in dropping body fat and losing weight, something EVERYONE seems to want now a days. And fortunately something I love to do and work with is those interested in melting away inches and losing depressing fat.

Here's what was revealed to me about the training that was done with my family member:

-Train a body part or two a day.
-Perform 40 minutes of long intensity cardio 2-3 times a week.
-Eat only 3 times per day

What's wrong with this training program? Well nothing would be wrong if there was ACTUALLY getting results. The problem is 5 weeks has passed and NOTHING has changed.
There are people that change there body completely in 5 weeks. A matter of fact a client of mine lost 2% of bodyfat and finally saw his abs in just 8 workouts.

So what was wrong with the training above?

-The training was broken into bodyparts as oppose to training the body as a whole. The body functions as one unit thus your training should too. Full body workouts are the answers here.

-Performing long intensity cardio over and over again, soon enough your body will catch up! What does that mean for you? Well less calories burn and little changes if any to your body. Interval training where you alternate between high intensity work and low intensity work would not only burn a lot more fat calories but would also increase your metabolism as well.

-Last but not least there just is not enough meals during the day. Eating small frequent meals during the day will help increase your metabolism. Also do not forget that eating protein with each meal will also force the body to use up more energy to break down the food.

These three changes will make the greatest difference in the world. If your trainer is doing the same errors in your training, ask questions and switch things up so you can get the results you spent your hard earned money on.

I will keep you posted on how the changes work.