« Home | Carbs, to love or not to love » | It's coming » | Be ........ A C T I V E » | Is Weight Loss Overrated? » | Cravings Cravings Cravings... » | I got a question... » | The 'new' diet » | Say it ain't so » | Do you have the greatest gift of all? » | What You've Been up to »

What source of food really kicks a**

Yesterday I talked about carbs and the role it plays
in getting you the look you desire and also told you
that I'd share with you what every diet needs.

Well today is here so let's get started.

The number 1 thing a lot of people don't take into
consideration is what type of foods takes the body
longer to digest and why is that an advantage to you.

Anytime the body has to work harder to do something you
burn more calories. It does not matter if it's through
working out harder or eating something that is harder to
break down, the end result still is more calories burned.

Now if that is the case, then why are people always
performing slow, low intensity cardio? Beats me, but
that's for another day. For today let's discuss
why people run to eat sweets which get broken down
so quickly, you're left hungry within 1 hour at times.

Sweets are our enemies but let me tell you who's your
friend. Protein. Protein is your friend on multiple
levels and I'll tell you how. For starters protein
is that type of food I was talking about earlier
that's harder to break down.

The body burns more calories when you're eating protein
than if you were eating carbs or fat. I don't know
about you but I'll take my calories burn anyway I can.

Protein also is used to help repair broken down muscle
and also helps in maintain muscle. This is important
because muscle dictates metabolism. The more muscle
you carry the more calories you will burn throughout
the day and protein helps with that.

Lesson of the day? Eat your protein. In fact each
meal you have should include a protein source. When
it comes to getting the maximum return on your
investment, I don't see how you can choose to
eat any other way.