« Home | Say it ain't so » | Do you have the greatest gift of all? » | What You've Been up to » | What role does psychology play in weight loss? » | Dieting sucks » | Fat Burners, for you or against you? » | Q & A day » | Is Coffee good for ya? » | Why isn't it working? » | What you can learn from the Super Bowl? »

The 'new' diet

It was about 2 weeks ago and I was sitting down watching
television with my folks. On the news there was word
that a 'new' diet was about to hit the mainstream.

Of course being a fitness professional, I had my little
antennas up and ready to listen. What I found out though
was unique.

The 'new' diet was basically a change in philosophy I think.
It suggested people to eat dinner for breakfast and to eat
breakfast basically for dinner.

This is not your normal diet, I mean for me a plate of brown
rice with a lean steak is my dinner; now I'm being asked
to have that for breakfast??

Most people struggle to get a cup of coffee let alone eat
a full meal before going to work. Now don't get me
wrong I totally understand the logic behind this
'new' diet.

Most people eat the most calories during dinner time.
Most people are active more earlier in the day.
Most people are inactive after work.

Now the 'new' diet is trying to have people take in
the bulk of their calories while they are most active.
This does make sense doesn't it. Eat your heavy
meals earlier in the day, then burn it off with your
daily activities.

Here's the major issue. Diets are short term and
because results come quickly we all believe it's the
best thing since sliced bread. But a diet plan that
most people won't be consistent with will
eliminate the effectiveness of such a plan.

In hindsight this is a great idea, how practical
it is to the general population like you and I...
That remains to be seen.

PS- If you've struggled before to get in shape
and your new year's resolution seems to have
slipped you by it's time you get up to speed
with the special success strategies that has
helped people lose weight time and time again.

You can find all the details by going to:
www.fitness-success.com